To successfully manage all costs relating to dedicated projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. This person will seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving our impeccable standards and quality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare tender documents from professional drawings.
- Obtain tenders from prepared documents – min 3 quotations / forward bid analysis.
- Check competence of tenders received.
- Prepare documentation for sub-contract instructions – in conjunction with official Purchase Order.
- Cost analysis on pre-purchased sites.
- Value engineering on purchased sites.
- Prepare Cost Plan / Budget.
- Prepare valuations v budget for Bank Drawdown / Cash Flow Forecasts / Cost To Complete.
- Identify proposed overspend.
- Check / measure sub-contractors valuations.
- Advise on cost effective construction.
- Attend professional / site progress meetings and comment accordingly.
- Challenge / approve proposed variations.
- Loss and expense claims – sub-contract and professional.
- Liaise with Purchasing Manager.
- Up to date analysis on ongoing contracts and sub-contractors.
- Quantify materials.